Thursday, December 6, 2007

Illustration Friday: Excess

Illustration Friday: Excess (The Allens)
Acrylic
The theme for Illustration Friday was "excess". I just finished painting this picture and it kind of went with the theme so I posted it. It is actually a joke. The middle school staff at my school had a White Elephant Gift Exchange (where you give each other tacky, weird presents). As a joke, I painted a "portrait" of two of our teachers (who both happen to be named Allen). It was a big hit at the party. On the left of the seated Allen is a blonde wig (he always jokes about his long flowing golden hair). On the right of the standing Allen is a picture of his parasite. At the party, someone took a picture of the two Allens in this pose holding the picture. I will try to post it when I get a picture of it.

No comments: